Jill and I drove to MN last week. Jill is spending the summer being an H.R. intern at the Mall of America in Bloomington,MN. She is very excited to actually do the work she has been studying for the past 4 years.
We left at 5:40am and arrived at 8:40pm (15 hours later) at Jenny's house. Makayla was very excited to see her new house guests.
I spent the week playing with my niece Makayla. We went to the MN Zoo, played at the park umpteen times; played t-ball in the backyard; bubbles & sidewalk chalk in the front driveway; played with her play food & kitchen set; played quite a few games of Kerplunk and cleaned up a city park. I also got to visit Makayla's school and meet her teacher. It was her last day for the school year at her Friday day out program at their church.
Makayla is also in the midst of potty training, so we spent lots of time talking about and using the potty.
We left at 5:40am and arrived at 8:40pm (15 hours later) at Jenny's house. Makayla was very excited to see her new house guests.
I spent the week playing with my niece Makayla. We went to the MN Zoo, played at the park umpteen times; played t-ball in the backyard; bubbles & sidewalk chalk in the front driveway; played with her play food & kitchen set; played quite a few games of Kerplunk and cleaned up a city park. I also got to visit Makayla's school and meet her teacher. It was her last day for the school year at her Friday day out program at their church.
Makayla is also in the midst of potty training, so we spent lots of time talking about and using the potty.
One evening, we went to David's Briday in Richfield and Jill tried on wedding dresses and Makayla tried on flower girls dresses.
They are pictured here, prior to the trying on of all those dresses!
Makayla is VERY excited to be a flower girl.
Once she read her flower girl book, that is all she talked about. We went to the park and everytime she
saw someone new, she would tell them "I'm gonna be a flower girl"
Jenny said we didn't have to worry about "BRIDEZILLA" but might have to contend with "FLOWERGIRL-ZILLA" .....see next photo :-)
All in all it was a good week..except the part where I shared a bed with Jill.
I will fly back to MN in August and drive back with Jill just in time for her to start her last semester at SHSU.
WOW...we will finally have a college graduate in December 2008. Karl will follow shortly behind and will graduate with his Master's degree in May 2009...then the wedding in December 2009.
Whew it's gonna be a busy year and a half!
No comments:
Post a Comment