Tuesday, Nov 4th I volunteered as a Denton County Election Official, Precinct 202.
It was a long day of standing but it was worth it for the opportunity to be a part of this "long" election year.
It was a long day of standing but it was worth it for the opportunity to be a part of this "long" election year.
Our precinct offered electronic and paper ballots.
My job was to stand next to the machine where the paper ballots were taken. I was to make sure paper jams did not occur, check for errors on the forms when they were spit back out of the machine, mark spoiled ballots in that instance and offer the "I VOTED" stickers. In the Dallas / Fort Worth area, if you voted you were able to get some FREE items when wearing your sticker. Among them were:
Starbucks - a free cup of coffee
My job was to stand next to the machine where the paper ballots were taken. I was to make sure paper jams did not occur, check for errors on the forms when they were spit back out of the machine, mark spoiled ballots in that instance and offer the "I VOTED" stickers. In the Dallas / Fort Worth area, if you voted you were able to get some FREE items when wearing your sticker. Among them were:
Starbucks - a free cup of coffee
Krispy Kreme - a dozen red/white/blue sprinkle donuts
Some tattoo parlor was even offering free tattoo removal. (Too bad I was working)
Other Noteworthy Items:
Some tattoo parlor was even offering free tattoo removal. (Too bad I was working)
Other Noteworthy Items:
1) The opportunity to help those who were voting for the first time this year and had lots of questions about the process.
2) The smile on everyone's face when I said "Thanks for taking the time today to vote!" Many of the their responses included: "It's my honor and right!", "Isn't this country great!", "I'm going home to make sure my neighbors vote!"
3) The volume of write in candidates was very surprising.
Most were for Hillary Clinton, one I saw had Mickey Mouse and another had Dr. Seuss.
I guess these people did not want to vote for either candidate.
4) The convervation I had with a gentleman about how the voting machines are rigged to provide a predetermined outcome. He cast a secrecy ballot which is folded and put in an envelope and not scanned by the machine.
Lots more stories.....Hope you all exercised your right to vote in this election!
Most were for Hillary Clinton, one I saw had Mickey Mouse and another had Dr. Seuss.
I guess these people did not want to vote for either candidate.
4) The convervation I had with a gentleman about how the voting machines are rigged to provide a predetermined outcome. He cast a secrecy ballot which is folded and put in an envelope and not scanned by the machine.
Lots more stories.....Hope you all exercised your right to vote in this election!
1 comment:
Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.
Post a Comment