Disclaimer: Actual image was not used so that some people would not be "grossed out" with my image. The image used is Mickey Mouse in a pool....not an actual mouse in the pool ~ like I experienced the other day.THE STORY: When Karl and Audrey were here for Thanksgiving, they wanted to use the hot tub. They enjoyed their time in the hot tub, but at the end of the evening, I went outside to check the pool equipment and make sure everything was turned off properly. Mind you, it is dark outside and I only had a small flashlight. I heard what sounded like a problem with the skimmer basket. I opened the skimmer basket and saw a bundle of black twirling around in the basket. I figured a tie must have come off Audrey's swimsuit. So I reached in to fish it out of the skimmer basket, only it didn't exactly feel like material. I shined the flashlight on it, it was a mouse!
EEEK!
I touched it!
I stood up quickly, about falling into the cold pool water. I quickly got inside the house and tried speaking, not many words were coming out. Karl was trying to understand what I was saying and all I could muster was "Get Dad!"
Karl walked upstairs and told Doug to come down. He went outside to investigate. He fixed the pool equipment and disposed of the mouse. He came inside, "Yep it was a mouse" "I can't believe she was even that calm!"
Lesson Learned:
Beware of putting your hand in the skimmer basket you never know what might be in there!
2 comments:
And we all appreciate that :)
I don't know that I was "groused" out. Just grossed out. But thank you, nonetheless!
Post a Comment