Here are the pictures of my new dorm room! I live in a place called Bearkat Village...it is apartment style dorms. You have two private bedrooms and a two person bathroom with a small living room and kitchen. It is nice because I can cook my own meals for dinner and pack my own lunch for school, instead of depending on an expensive meal plan. The one down side about my place is that it is on the 3rd floor....and at about 2 PM to 6 PM....it's blazing hot! Not a good combination!!

This is my bed side. I put my bed up high so I can put all my storage items under my bed instead of in my closet or along the walls. The white cabinets hold all my items that won't fit in my dresser or desk. The blue crates go into my car when I go to the grocery store so I can carry up the groceries. The green cart is my pantry. Since there is no storage space in the kitchen, we each have our own cart for our pantry.

This is the desk side. I had to buy a little table for my TV. The desk has pull outs to extend the desk space. I usually use those if I eat dinner in my room or if I do homework at my desk.

This is my closet. It's pretty empty because I didn't have room in my car to carry all my room stuff and all my clothes. A trip home this weekend is going to solve that problem though. My dresser holds all my school spirit items and my pictures on top.

Here is my kitchen. It comes equipped with a full fridge/freezer, sink, dishwasher, microwave, and oven with stove top. I also brought my George Foreman grill and toaster. I have made quite a few good meals in this kitchen already, and looking to make more. The kitchen has two bar stools to pull up to the side of the kitchen counter for a table.

This is the small living room. Not much of a living room, just more for visiting with friends that come over.

Another view of the kitchen...

Here is the bathroom. It has a two sink vanity and shelf space behind the door. The toilet and tub are in the next room, with lots of floor space.
Here is one of my first couple of meals. The first night I had tortilla bowls with grilled chicken, lettuce, grated cheese, and tortilla chips with salsa. This meal was dinosaur chicken nuggets, salad, and mac n' cheese. Tomorrow is planned to be pigs in a blanket (hot dogs wrapped up in cresents rolls) and cheese beans.
1 comment:
Glad to see the vegetables (salad) are making it's way into your diet plan! :)
Post a Comment