Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Stream Energy billing dispute


Saturday morning, I went online to set up monthly Bill Pay to schedule my electronic payments for November. I noticed that there was no e-bill for Stream Energy yet. That was strange as the last payment was made October 2nd. I should have received a bill by now. I logged into my Stream Energy account and it showed I had a bill due that date 10/31/09. Interesting.... I never received a bill, so how would I know that.
I called "the bank" and they verified by Stream Energy account number and Stream Energy billing address and state that my bank account is indeed set up to receive these e-bills. The bank has successfully received them for the past 9 months but not this month.
I called Stream Energy Customer Service. The representative stated that the bill was generated on October 14th. I explained I did not get an email notification of the electronic bill and my bank did not receive it either. I am not set up to receive invoices via the USPS. I promptly paid my bill over the phone and then asked how to submit a complaint to make sure this does not happen again.

I submitted a complaint via email to Customer Service on Saturday.
I got a call from the Resolution Dept on Monday evening. The representative stated that there was indeed an issue with their electronic billing this month. Affecting over 30,000 customers.
The rep said they would be doing a automated calling system to notify all the members affected and extend their due dates until November 19th. Since I had paid there was no issue, but if I did receive a disconnect notice to disregard it. So about 30 minutes after my call from the Resolution Dept I received my automated call.

Guess I was the first person to notify them of this issue....probably saving them some customers and avoiding thousands of people being disconnected from their electricity. Too bad there is not a energy discount for that!!

No comments: