Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back from the Bahamas

Doug had a business trip to Nassau, Bahamas last week and I was fortunate enough to tag along.
This is the hotel where we stayed - British Colonial Hilton.
This view was taken from the beach.
The hotel had high-speed internet so I was able to work from the Bahamas on Mon, Wed & Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday I had some play time.
Tuesday, I sat out on the beach and worked on my tan, watching the big cruise ships come in and drinking strawberry daiquiris.
The below photo is where Doug went to work everyday.
Central Bank of the Bahamas

This is the Bay Street - Straw Market.
This is the open air shopping on the pier where the Bahamians sell their wares.

Thursday, Gingerbread Baby and me took the City Island tour.
In the photo below, you will note a couple of cruise liners and the Atlantis Hotel on Paradise Island in the background. This photo was taken at Fort Charlotte.

During the tour, I visited Fort Charlotte, Fort Fincastle, Queens Staircase and also toured the island homes and government buildings.



Here is the link for all the photos taken during the week.

No comments: