Friday evening, our neighbors apparantly came over to visit. We had been in the bathroom discussing the sealer situation.
The reason I know this, is the neighbors called us when they got home and told us they had been over and left a surprise at our front door. We didn't even hear the doorbell.
Doug investigated further and it appears our downstairs door chime was never wired into the electricity so we were only ever hearing the upstairs door chime when the door bell rang.
So we went to Home Depot, got a new door bell as the light up feature on the old one was not working.
Now we have a new doorbell and will not miss any visitors. Hmm...I wonder how many other times we have not heard the doorbell and missed some company????
The reason I know this, is the neighbors called us when they got home and told us they had been over and left a surprise at our front door. We didn't even hear the doorbell.
Doug investigated further and it appears our downstairs door chime was never wired into the electricity so we were only ever hearing the upstairs door chime when the door bell rang.
So we went to Home Depot, got a new door bell as the light up feature on the old one was not working.
Now we have a new doorbell and will not miss any visitors. Hmm...I wonder how many other times we have not heard the doorbell and missed some company????
FYI... The surprise at the front door was a Yankee Candle (Autumn Wreath scent) and Thank You card from the Mayfields. Kathy had called me one day last week sounding very sick and asked if I had some "flu symptom" relief medicine. I did not...but offered to go to Walmart and get something for her. This was a thank you for being neighborly :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment