
Today was not a good day! I guess it was the "unlucky" 13th!!!
Doug left for Trinidad today, he will be back on Saturday.
I got home from taking him to the airport and was sitting down reading the paper and I knocked over a glass of iced tea on to the carpet. I jumped to the floor to grab the ice & spilled glass, injuring my right knee...yep that's the one I had surgery on...so now I'm writhing in pain and trying to clean up my tea spill. I was able to get up and get some towels and get the tea soaked up. I used some stain remover and got the worst of it out. I can still tell where the stain is located. Doug will probably get a chance to use his new upright carpet shampooer when he returns. I spent the rest of the day - off my knee - lots of Ibuprofen & ice. It's better tonight.
The second problem I encounter today: I needed two more valance inserts for the downstairs guest bedroom. I went online to order them today and they are now unavailable. DISCONTINUED! I just bought three panels last month. Guess that is why they were on a good sale. So I proceeded to call around to the local JCPenney stores to find them. After about an hour, one of the local drapery departments called me back and let me know the Valley View store had several. I called them and had them set aside two and I drove down to pick them up.
I was not alone in my difficulties today, Doug called when he reached Miami and we chatted for awhile about the tea spill, my knee, my curtain dilema. He had been waiting on a plane for over an hour, waiting to take off...all because some person did not make it on the plane, but their luggage was on the plane. The airlines were searching through the bags in the cargo hold to remove that passengers luggage. I did try to call him when I got back from my curtain run, be his phone was off..so guess he's finally under way. He will call when he makes it to Trinidad later tonight.
So it's been kind of an aggravating day for both of us!
Calgon...take me a way!!!
The second problem I encounter today: I needed two more valance inserts for the downstairs guest bedroom. I went online to order them today and they are now unavailable. DISCONTINUED! I just bought three panels last month. Guess that is why they were on a good sale. So I proceeded to call around to the local JCPenney stores to find them. After about an hour, one of the local drapery departments called me back and let me know the Valley View store had several. I called them and had them set aside two and I drove down to pick them up.
I was not alone in my difficulties today, Doug called when he reached Miami and we chatted for awhile about the tea spill, my knee, my curtain dilema. He had been waiting on a plane for over an hour, waiting to take off...all because some person did not make it on the plane, but their luggage was on the plane. The airlines were searching through the bags in the cargo hold to remove that passengers luggage. I did try to call him when I got back from my curtain run, be his phone was off..so guess he's finally under way. He will call when he makes it to Trinidad later tonight.
So it's been kind of an aggravating day for both of us!
Calgon...take me a way!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment