
Today is my 50th Birthday and I got rain for my birthday. It's been a long hot dry summer. I'm hoping this rain will help to cool things down just a bit.
This morning I received a call from Karl, on his way to work, wishing me a happy birthday. I got a happy birthday text message from Jill and a few others. I also received two flower deliveries. A large bouquet from Jill and Josh and a small bouquet from the Swanson family.
Later in the day I had a web-cam date with Jenny & Makayla, talked to Jill, Jackie & my mom on the phone.
My friend Linda took me to lunch at Gloria's Restaurant (an alternative to tex-mex with a dash of Salvadorian flavor). It was my first time to visit this restaurant and I will definately visit it again and try some other items on the menu. The lunch was finished up with a piece of flan (with a lit candle) shared between the two of us.
This morning I received a call from Karl, on his way to work, wishing me a happy birthday. I got a happy birthday text message from Jill and a few others. I also received two flower deliveries. A large bouquet from Jill and Josh and a small bouquet from the Swanson family.
Later in the day I had a web-cam date with Jenny & Makayla, talked to Jill, Jackie & my mom on the phone.
My friend Linda took me to lunch at Gloria's Restaurant (an alternative to tex-mex with a dash of Salvadorian flavor). It was my first time to visit this restaurant and I will definately visit it again and try some other items on the menu. The lunch was finished up with a piece of flan (with a lit candle) shared between the two of us.
Doug and I had a nice quiet dinner at home accompanied with a bottle of Francis Coppola chardonnay. I received a card, a Dallas Cowboys jersey (# 94 - Demarcus Ware) and a box of chocolates (Lindt..my favorite) from Doug. He has been putting in a lot of time on the kitchen so that definately counts too!!!
I received cards in the mail from Jill, my brother Garry, my church & Melvin & Lyla.
I received cards in the mail from Jill, my brother Garry, my church & Melvin & Lyla.
In total I have received 53 birthday greetings on Facebook (old friends, church friends, neighbors and family).
It has been a great day...and tomorrow I'm sure I won't feel a day over 50!
It has been a great day...and tomorrow I'm sure I won't feel a day over 50!
1 comment:
You know me and cards ... it's in the mail :)
Post a Comment