Saturday, while we were in Huntsville for Jackie's senior voice recital. I got a call from my mom, to let me know that my brother, Garry, was in the hospital in Rochester, MN.
He had been having some eye complaints for a while.
It turns out he has a couple of retinal tears & a detached retina.
This is a view of a normal eye.
This shows a detached retina and retinal tear.
Another example which shows how the vitreous fluid is leaking.
The hospital in Rochester was unable to do surgery on Saturday and needed to get a specialist in to do the surgery. Garry will have surgery Tuesday, April 5th to have the retinal tears/detachment fixed. I'm guessing they will also have to do a vitrectomy...but don't know to many of the details at this point. I will update everyone when I know more. We hope & pray that the surgeons are able to restore his vision.
1 comment:
i am having the vitrectomy,scleral buckling, and caterac surgery on wed. the 6th.
Post a Comment