Sunday, March 06, 2011

Weekend in Huntsville

Saturday, I drove down to Huntsville to attend a Chorale Concert at Sam Houston State Universities School of Music. This was a Contemporary Music Festival "The Ecstasies Above".

Jackie & I met Jill for lunch at Subway. Checked in to the Choice Hotel. Went and did some shopping at Target & Cato. We then met Karl for dinner at Double Daves...back to the hotel for cocktails.

The concert was at 7:30pm. The concert was wonderful except for one song where the violin hit this one note, several times, that had many people squirming in their chairs. My favorites were the song "Which Was the Son of" by Arvo Part & the Gospels "Farther Down Mighty River" & "Lord I'm Free" by Steve Dobrogosz.

After the concert, we all met back at the hotel for some catching up and making fun of mom.

Sunday morning, church at FPC.

It was a fabulous weekend!!! I hope they had as much fun as I did!

No comments: